202007aug(aug 7)9:00 am08(aug 8)4:30 pmWorkshop in Advanced EndodonticsFacilitated BY Dr Shalin Desai9:00 am - 4:30 pm (8) AEST(GMT+10:00) View in my timeCentre for Professional Development 1 Event Organized By: ADA NSW Centre for Professional Development Discipline:EndodonticsFormat:Hands-on
Hands-on workshop for challenging endodontic cases This is a two-day advanced module in Endodontics designed for general dentists to gain confidence in performing simple endodontic treatments and to
Hands-on workshop for challenging endodontic cases
This is a two-day advanced module in Endodontics designed for general dentists to gain confidence in performing simple endodontic treatments and to move a step forward towards moderately challenging cases.
The course is primarily a hands-on workshop for practising modern techniques of access preparation, locating canals, shaping of the root canal system as well as root canal filling. The participants will gain ample practice on extracted teeth using high magnification devices and CBCT scans with a view to gradual and smooth transition slowly translating into their clinical practice.
The workshop involves step-by-step demonstration of procedures followed by a hands-on workshop on extracted teeth.
• Diagnosis and case selection
• Locating root canals – including difficult to locate orifices (MB2 – maxillary molars, second Distal – mandibular molars, Lingual – Mandibular incisors) – basic science, clinical applications and hands-on workshop
• Negotiating and shaping mild to moderately curved root canals – advanced tools and techniques and hands-on workshop
• Identifying and avoiding potential complications during root canal shaping
• CBCT – reading and interpreting scans of various case scenarios, clinical applications during hands-on session on extracted teeth
• Various uses of ultrasonic endodontic tools during hands-on session
• Root canal fillings – modern concepts and materials for hands-on practice
• Pain control in Endodontics – Analgesics and Anaesthesia
• Endodontic treatment prognosis – to keep or not to keep?
• Over 6 hours of hands-on experience
Speakers for this event
Dr Shalin Desai
Dr Shalin Desai
Dr Shalin Desai graduated with Doctor of Clinical Dentistry (Endodontics) from the University of Otago in 2009. Prior to specialisation, Shalin spent considerable time practicing general dentistry in the public and private sectors in Sydney. Since returning to Sydney, he has been in his own specialist practices in Norwest and Hornsby, as well as working part time as clinical educator for final year dental students at Westmead dental hospital. Shalin has published scientific papers in national and international journals, and his doctoral thesis on endodontic immunology was presented at European endodontic society’s biannual meeting at Edinburgh. Shalin is actively involved in endodontic teaching and has enjoyed presentations and hands-on courses at study club meetings and local dentist groups
ADA NSW Centre for Professional DevelopmentOur advocacy for members ensures we stay united as a profession, securing the profile, funding, support and recognition to allow us to continue advancing dentistry. As a not-for-profit organisation led by dentists for dentists, our remit is to deliver value to members and we do this in six key ways: Advocacy The strongest professions are those that are well represented Continuing Professional Development Providing comprehensive and respected CPD in world class facilities Networking and Connections Mentorship, events, local divisions and study groups Professional and Peer Advice On dento-legal matters, compliance, practice management, HR, IR, pharma News and Filtering We deliver what dentists need to know, when they need to know it Lifestyle and Benefits It's not all business. We incorporate social events and lifestyle benefits[email protected] Level 1, 1 Atchison Street, St Leonards NSW 2065
7 (Friday) 9:00 am - 8 (Saturday) 4:30 pm AEST(GMT+10:00) View in my time
Member Price: Dentists – $1,970.00, Non-Member Price: Non-Members – $2,364.00