202117jul9:00 am5:00 pmVIC DHAA & ADOHTA - Reunite for Mouth Health9:00 am - 5:00 pm(GMT+10:00) View in my timeHolmesglen Dental Simulation Centre Event Organized By: DHAA Ltd Discipline:Graduate Support,PeriodonticsFormat:Hands-on,In-Person
Lecture Synopsis: Hall Technique Desktop Workshop This workshop will teach you how to place stainless steel crowns on deciduous molars without
Hall Technique Desktop Workshop
This workshop will teach you how to place stainless steel crowns on deciduous molars without the need for local anaesthetic or tooth preparation. Topics include the theory behind the Hall Technique, case selection, and practical hands on instruction. If you are looking to update your skills or just need a refresher this is the workshop for you!
- Background of the Hall Technique – a proven method for managing caries and hypomineralised deciduous dentition in young children
- Evidence – how does the Hall Technique compare to conventional restorative techniques
- Careful case selection – Treatment planning and consent for the Hall Technique
- Contraindications for use of Hall Technique
- Fitting stainless steel crowns – hands on instruction for choosing the correct sized crowns and how to place them on deciduous molars
Advanced Periodontal Instrumentation Workshop
This hands-on workshop is limited to 20 participants and will explore subgingival and advanced debridement techniques as well as body ergonomic principles in the simulation clinic. Topics include:
- Periodontal assessment
- Use of Gracey scalers
- Reviewing diagnostics, root morphology and furcation areas using advanced instrumentation techniques
- Ergonomic positioning principles
- Review current clinical instrumentation practice in a safe environment.
- Review ergonomics and hand positioning for optimal clinical technique and reduction of stress injuries.
- Be able to test drive a variety of instruments that will be available and shown the correct clinical technique for their use.
This workshop will provide practical principles for confronting Clinical complications with dexterity, skill and confidence. The appropriate selection of hand instruments will help to maximise performance, minimise stress and increase clinician’s professional satisfaction levels.
Speakers for this event
Oral Health Therapists
Miss Ashlinn Mason is a graduate of The University of Melbourne and was chosen as one of eight Oral Health Therapists from Australia to be a part of the Dental Practitioners Graduate Program run by Dental Health Services Victoria in 2013. During this year, she co-created the Barwon Health outreach program ‘Wide Smiles’ which screens pre-school and prep/grade 1 children and has shown to reverse and stabilise early-signs of decay through fluoride application, early intervention and oral health messages. Nominated for a number of awards, the program is now in its eighth year. Her program has won the Barwon Health Care Innovation award 2 years running, as well the GMHBA Researcher of the Year Award for Smart Initiatives for Healthy Minds and Healthy Bodies. She has co-published 2 papers on the program to date. Volunteering as a clinician for the Hall Technique study run by Dr Rachel Martin and Dr Hany Calache in 2013, she has followed these patients through the 3-year study and was also a finalist in the Audience Choice Awards for Barwon Health for her work on Victoria’s Hall Technique study paper. Moving into the teaching space in 2016 and attaining her Graduate Certificate in Dental Therapy (advanced Clinical Practice) and Teaching Certificate qualification, Ashlinn now divides her time between clinical, rural and outreach work in the public sector whilst leading the CSU Bachelor of Oral Health program as Discipline lead at Holmesglen, Melbourne.
Oral Health Therapists
Deb Brown is a Dental Hygienist with a Post Graduate Diploma in Restorative Dental Hygiene (Canada). She has worked within a variety of settings and specialties providing care in Orthodontics, TMJ/Facial pain, Special needs/medically compromised, Geriatrics and General Dentistry. Deb currently practices part time in General Dentistry as well as maintaining a role as a Clinical Demonstrator/Lecturer in Melbourne.
DHAA Ltd PO Box 4 Crows Nest NSW 1585 AUSTRALIA
(Saturday) 9:00 am - 5:00 pm(GMT+10:00) View in my time
3hrs scientific CPD per workshop
DHAA members – $160 per workshop, Non members – $240 per workshop