This is a repeating eventmay 29, 2021 9:00 am
202128may9:00 am4:30 pmUnderstanding Orthodontics9:00 am - 4:30 pm(GMT+10:00) View in my timeADA NSW Centre for Professional Development Event Organized By: ADA NSW Centre for Professional Development Discipline:OrthodonticsFormat:In-Person
This course is designed to assist general dentists who want to become better diagnosticians with a good overall understanding of orthodontic diagnosis and treatment options. It is intended
This course is designed to assist general dentists who want to become better diagnosticians with a good overall understanding of orthodontic diagnosis and treatment options. It is intended to enable the dental practitioner to improve their ability to detect orthodontic problems, have an understanding of comprehensive orthodontic treatment options and become better equipped to discuss options with their patients and treating specialists.
- The mixed dentition patient: what to look for
- Early treatment vs timely treatment: Growth modification in children and adolescents using orthopaedic treatments, which malocclusion when?
- Anterior Crossbite: what every dentist should know
- Changing the face of modern Orthodontics: temporary anchorage devices.
- Management of missing teeth through mesialisation, molar disitalisation to address space loss issues, skeletal open bites, pre-prosthetic orthodontics and Class III treatments
- The adult orthodontic patient: more options than ever before!
- Differentiate normal from deviation from normal occlusion. Identify and manage common eruption problems including impactions.
- Identify whether an early intervention may be called for or the referral to a specialist is required
- Recognise the correct timing for successful correction of different malocclusion in growing patients
- Identify differential diagnoses between malocclusions of skeletal and dental origins
- Key points in diagnosis, treatment planning and sequencing in adult orthodontic treatment.
- Understanding the different appliance options in adults, their advantages and limitations.
Speakers for this event
Dr Nour Tarraf
Dr Nour Tarraf
Nour completed his Bachelor of Dentistry at Cairo University with Honours in 2001. He moved to Australia and completed his Masters Degree in Orthodontics at the University of Sydney with Honours in 2008. He received the University Award for the best postgraduate performance in the Masters Degree at the Faculty of Dentistry, as well as the International Merit scholarship for three consecutive years. Nour completed the Membership exams in Orthodontics for the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh and the Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons in 2008. He is the current President of the Australasian Society of Lingual Orthodontics and holds membership with the Australian Dental Association, Australian Society of Orthodontists, European Society of Orthodontics and the World Society of Lingual Orthodontics.
ADA NSW Centre for Professional DevelopmentOur advocacy for members ensures we stay united as a profession, securing the profile, funding, support and recognition to allow us to continue advancing dentistry. As a not-for-profit organisation led by dentists for dentists, our remit is to deliver value to members and we do this in six key ways: Advocacy The strongest professions are those that are well represented Continuing Professional Development Providing comprehensive and respected CPD in world class facilities Networking and Connections Mentorship, events, local divisions and study groups Professional and Peer Advice On dento-legal matters, compliance, practice management, HR, IR, pharma News and Filtering We deliver what dentists need to know, when they need to know it Lifestyle and Benefits It's not all business. We incorporate social events and lifestyle benefits[email protected] Level 1, 1 Atchison Street, St Leonards NSW 2065
(Friday) 9:00 am - 4:30 pm(GMT+10:00) View in my time
ADA Member Dentist – $425.00, Non-Member Dentist – $510.00,Hygienist / Therapist / Prosthetist – $325.00 ,Dental Team – $325.00, Recent Grads -$295.00, Students-$295.00