This is a repeating eventmay 27, 2022 9:00 am
The Art of Removable Partial Dentures
202118nov9:00 am5:00 pmThe Art of Removable Partial DenturesA One Day Masterclass9:00 am - 5:00 pm(GMT+00:00) View in my time Event Organized ByFinlay SuttonRemovable Prosthodontics EducationDisciplineProsthodonticsFormatHands-on,In-Person
Lectures and live demonstration on a patient by Finlay Sutton I absolutely love providing partial dentures for my patients as they are often life changing.
Lectures and live demonstration on a patient by Finlay Sutton
I absolutely love providing partial dentures for my patients as they are often life changing. I will show you how to make partial dentures function like “removable bridges” and prove that they are viable alternatives to dental implant supported restorations. In addition, I will demonstrate that well designed and made partial dentures can have superior aesthetics over fixed restorations. I will share with you the techniques and methods Rowan Garstang (my dental technician) and I use to achieve predictable results with removable prosthodontics.
We provide a special form of partial denture design which is based around a solid chassis (major connector) which splints mobile teeth protecting the periodontium of the remaining natural teeth as much as possible. I will show you how I design and manage all combinations of missing teeth. As well as discussing tooth positioning and partial denture occlusion I will show you how I make accurate impressions and record the occlusion, using gothic arch tracing (in a live demonstration on a patient) enabling Rowan to make accurately fitting partial dentures.
This day is aimed at dentists, clinical dental technicians and dental technicians consisting of a live patient demonstration and lectures abundantly illustrated with step by step photographs and videos of all procedures.
Aims, objectives and anticipated outcomes:
- Making partial dentures as stable, comfortable and secure as possible
- A good understanding of a step by step design sequence
- Optimising the aesthetics of partial dentures
- Making accurate impressions of the hard and soft tissues for cobalt chromium castings
- Record occlusal relations accurately using gothic arch tracing
- Designing partial dentures to limit periodontal damage
- Be able to adjust partial dentures, without compromising their fit and making gaps between teeth and the denture
- Make partial dentures fit and work like removable bridges
- Designing dentures for future tooth failure and additions
- Have happier patients with improved outcomes
- Better communication between dentist, CDT and dental technician
- Increased professional satisfaction and rekindle your enthusiasm for partial dentures
Speakers for this event
Dr. Finlay Sutton
Dr. Finlay Sutton
Specialist in Restorative Dentistry. I provide patients with reconstructive dentistry and CPD training for Dentists and CDTs.
Goals: to be a leading teacher and provider of prosthodontics, with particular emphasis on removable prosthodontics.
Specialties: Specialist in Restorative Dentistry, Prosthodontics, Endodontics and Periodontics
(Thursday) 9:00 am - 5:00 pm(GMT+00:00) View in my time
Garstang Dental Referral Practice
Weind House, Park Hill Road, Garstang, Lancashire. PR3 1EL
£1154 per person