202017oct8:30 am5:00 pmThe A-Z of Mastering Anterior CrownsFacilitated by Dr Ben Lee8:30 am - 5:00 pm AEST(GMT+11:00) View in my timeUWA Dental School Event Organized By: Australian Dental Association Western Australia Discipline:ProsthodonticsFormat:Hands-on
Course Outline: Every patient seeking an aesthetic improvement is aesthetically demanding in one way or another . This is not only stressful but also technically challenging, even for an experienced clinician. This
Every patient seeking an aesthetic improvement is aesthetically demanding in one way or another . This is not only stressful but also technically challenging, even for an experienced clinician.
This course is designed to discuss all the critical steps involved to achieve a predictable crown restoration for an aesthetically demanding situation.
- Treatment planning and informed consent.
- Patient assessment and tooth assessment.
- Coronal build-up.
- Crown preparation Impression taking.
- Laboratory communication and crown material selection.
- Cementation (live patient demonstration).
- To understand the high risk factors for treatment and how to communicate these effectively to the patient.
- To be competent at assessing a suitable tooth to receive a crown restoration.
- To understand different post and core systems.
- To understand all critical steps of crown preparation, impression taking, provisionalisation and cementation.
- To become competent at taking 1-step and 2-step impressions via hands-on exercise.
- To understand what information the dental laboratory requires to achieve the restoration that you and your patient envision.
Speakers for this event
Dr Ben Lee
Dr Ben Lee
Ben completed his MDSc in Prosthodontics from the University of Sydney. During this time, he was given the Young Prosthodontist Award by The International College of Prosthodontists. He is the past President of both the Australian Prosthodontic Society (NSW) and Australian Asian Association of Dentists. He is a mentor for implant diploma courses offered by the University of Sydney, University of Melbourne and Charles Sturt University. In addition, being a visiting honorary Clinical Lecturer at the University of Sydney and a frequent presenter for Nobel Biocare, Ben frequently presents on the topic of dental implants and fixed prosthodontics. As a prosthodontist, Ben works full-time in his referral based Specialist Centre in Chatswood, Sydney, with particular interest in the surgical and restorative aspects of dental implant treatment
Australian Dental Association Western AustraliaIn Western Australia, ADAWA is regarded as the recognised voice of dentistry. With around 92% of registered dentists and dental specialists across the private and public sectors as members, the Association provides a most effective representative body. ADAWA strives to promote the art and science of dentistry, to represent the profession and to provide services which promote the highest level of oral health in the community.[email protected] ADA House, 54-58 Havelock Street, West Perth, WA 6005
(Saturday) 8:30 am - 5:00 pm AEST(GMT+10:00) View in my time
$880 – $1320