This lecture is designed for anyone wishing to purchase a practice. COURSE OVERVIEW This seminar will cover the critical decisions to setting
This lecture is designed for anyone wishing to purchase a practice.
This seminar will cover the critical decisions to setting up or buying into a practice. Whether you are planning to buy an established practice or starting from the beginning, this seminar is for you.
Personal Perspective about buying or starting a business
- Tips and tricks on lessons learnt
- Advantages and disadvantages of starting versus buying a practice
Financial Considerations for buying or starting a private practice
- Finance considerations renting or purchasing a practice
- Fitting out and equipping the practice
Accounting advice and support for buying or starting a private practice
- Options for business structure
- Accounting and structure considerations
- Financial due diligence and valuation
Legal structure – risk mitigation and insurance
- Purchase/leasing contract issues and tips
- Permits/licensing requirements – dental specific (e.g. adequate car parks)
- Personal Insurance, indemnity liability, building and contents
- Business interruption, income protection and disability
Marketing and branding for dentists
- The importance of brand and positioning
- Fundamental dental marketing concepts
- How to approach acquiring new patients
- Real world examples of marketing strategy and implementation
Software and cyber security risks
- Why is cyber security so important?
- Best method to maintain patient records
How can ADAQ assist?
- Practice Accreditation
- Practice advisory services
- HR Services
ADA QueenslandThe Australian Dental Association (Queensland Branch) (ADAQ) is the professional association for Dentists in Queensland. We represent more than 4000 members across the State. Our advocacy and services aim to promote excellence in the profession through a range of services, including: the provision of Professional Indemnity (PI) Insurance, support and advice regarding PI claims, CPD events, dental assistant training, and dental practice advisory advice. 22-28 Hamilton Place Bowen Hills Qld 4006
(Saturday) 9:00 am - 2:00 pm(GMT+10:00) View in my time
ADA Member Dentist – Complimentary Non-Member Dentist – $30