202128may9:00 am1:30 pmPeriodontal Surgery9:00 am - 1:30 pm(GMT+10:00) View in my timeMelbourne Dental School Event Organized By: Melbourne Dental School Discipline:PeriodonticsFormat:Hands-on,In-Person
Overview Periodontal Surgery Periodontal flap surgery very often follows a course of scaling and root-planning. It aims to improve access and visibility
Periodontal flap surgery very often follows a course of scaling and root-planning. It aims to improve access and visibility of persisting deep pockets allowing better debridement and leads to improved periodontal health.
This course is aimed at general practitioners wishing to enhance their clinical and surgical skills and increase confidence in undertaking this procedure. The emphasis of this course is on practical techniques for use on their own patients and what outcomes can be expected.
Program Delivery – Online Blended Learning and Hands-on Pre-clinical session
- Online web lectures via Learning Management System, Canvas.
- A short MCQ (multiple choice questions)to cement your knowledge on the lecture topics. An additional one hour of Scientific CPD is awarded.
- Online Live Q&A Session for follow up questions and interaction with the presenters.
- Hands-on Pre-clinical lab session – this session is only available to participants who have first completed the online blended learning lectures, MCQ and Live Q&A session
- Indications for periodontal flap surgery
- Rationale and outcomes of flap surgery
- Techniques for periodontal flap surgery
- Hands-on sessions raising flaps and debridement
At the conclusion of this course, participants should be familiar with:
- basic techniques in periodontal flap surgery.
- when and why to consider periodontal flap surgery
Melbourne Dental SchoolThe mission of the Melbourne Dental School is to be a world-class, research-based school, offering education of the highest quality and to play a leading national and international role with particular relevance to the Asia-Pacific region. 720 Swanston Street, Carlton, VIC 3053
(Friday) 9:00 am - 1:30 pm(GMT+10:00) View in my time
Course Fee: $997 (inc GST)