Residency Dates – September Intake: 01/09/2021-05/09/2021 & Second Date TBA
The diploma is available to general dental practitioners to progressively advance their knowledge and skills in surgical and prosthodontic aspects of implant dentistry. The program will support candidates to achieve competency in management, examination, diagnosis of more “advanced” cases of single tooth restoration in the anterior maxilla and posterior mandible, grafting as part of site preparation, more advanced imaging, and advanced implant prosthodontics.
Courses are associated with formal assessment procedures. A minimal pass standard is required for each component of the program.
- Mentor feedback on treated cases
- Case presentations during the block program
- Case reports of treated patients with sign off of Clinical Progress forms for each case
- Written examinations
Candidates are encouraged to read widely from the current scientific literature. The assignments follow a similar style of writing and required critical appraisal of the literature.
Oral Implant Education
- Post graduate diploma Level – General practice
- To develop an understanding of the anatomy, underlying physiology and biomechanics with dental implant treatment.
- To develop an understanding of the role of dental implants in restorative care.
- To develop an ability to assess treatment plan and provide clinical care for complex cases involving dental implants where the patient is not medically compromised and the implant sites are not physically compromised.
- To develop an ability to recognize complex implant cases where a specialist team approach is required and be able to make appropriate referrals.
202101sepAll Day05Oral Implants(All Day) AEST(GMT+10:00) View in my time Event Organized By: The Australiasian College of Dental Practitioners Discipline:Implants,Periodontics,ProsthodonticsFormat:Continuum,Hands-on,In-Person