202014nov9:00 am4:30 pmMinimally Invasive Dental Extractions and Crown Lengthening SurgeryPRESENTED BY Dr Rajiv Verma 9:00 am - 4:30 pm AEST(GMT+11:00) View in my timeCentre for Professional Development 1 Event Organized By: ADA NSW Centre for Professional Development Discipline:General Restorative,Oral SurgeryFormat:Hands-on
Including the use of Piezotome Surgical Techniques In this course, Dr Rajiv Verma, will explain the techniques of minimally invasive tooth extraction and crown lengthening procedures to
Including the use of Piezotome Surgical Techniques
In this course, Dr Rajiv Verma, will explain the techniques of minimally invasive tooth extraction and crown lengthening procedures to optimise periodontal restorative interface by outlining the advantages of piezoelectric surgery compared to the classical approach and techniques. In the second half of the day the workshop participants will have the chance to perform tooth extraction and crown lengthening surgery in animal models.
This is an excellent and unique opportunity to gain a further understanding behind the use of piezoelectric surgery to improve treatment outcomes.
- Minimally invasive dental extractions and why this technique?
- Understanding biologic width and techniques to optimize perio-restorative interface
- The use of piezoelectric surgery for tooth extraction and crown lengthening surgery
- Participants will gain a more advanced understanding of the role of piezoelectric surgery in day to day surgical practice.
- It will help unravel biologic width, methods to determine the best solutions in terms of crown lengthening a tooth. It will highlight the indications and benefits of these procedures and learn how to improve dental health, produce better restorative results and enhance your understanding to optimally treat teeth fractured subgingivally, planning aesthetic restorations and treat patients with gummy smiles or uneven gum margins.
- Participants will be able to understand the techniques and application of piezoelectric surgery in atraumatic tooth extraction and crown lengthening procedures
Speakers for this event
Dr Rajiv Verma
Dr Rajiv Verma
Dr Rajiv Verma is in specialist periodontal practice in Hornsby, Sydney. He is the President of ASP NSW branch and is also involved with teaching the final year dental students at Sydney University.
Dr Verma obtained his specialist qualification in Periodontics in 2008 from University of Otago and has over twenty years of clinical experience in dentistry. He is a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons both in the General Stream and in the Division of Periodontics and a member of numerous professional organisations (ANZAP, ITI, ASP, AOMSI).
His interests are in plastic and regenerative periodontal procedures as well as in treatment of peri-implantitis. He has presented many lectures and continuing education courses in periodontology locally and internationally.
ADA NSW Centre for Professional DevelopmentOur advocacy for members ensures we stay united as a profession, securing the profile, funding, support and recognition to allow us to continue advancing dentistry. As a not-for-profit organisation led by dentists for dentists, our remit is to deliver value to members and we do this in six key ways: Advocacy The strongest professions are those that are well represented Continuing Professional Development Providing comprehensive and respected CPD in world class facilities Networking and Connections Mentorship, events, local divisions and study groups Professional and Peer Advice On dento-legal matters, compliance, practice management, HR, IR, pharma News and Filtering We deliver what dentists need to know, when they need to know it Lifestyle and Benefits It's not all business. We incorporate social events and lifestyle benefits[email protected] Level 1, 1 Atchison Street, St Leonards NSW 2065
(Saturday) 9:00 am - 4:30 pm AEST(GMT+11:00) View in my time
CPD Hours: 6.5
Member Price: Dentists – $890.00, Non-Member Price : Non-Members $1,068.00