Mastering Aligning - Module 2
MODULE 2 Deep bite and how to apply the G5 features to aid in bite opening. Application of Newton’s 3rd Law. Understanding ideal incisor angulation and the
- Deep bite and how to apply the G5 features to aid in bite opening.
- Application of Newton’s 3rd Law.
- Understanding ideal incisor angulation and the principle of overcorrection.
- Closing an anterior Open bite. This is one of the strengths of aligner treatment, but first comes
- The diagnosis of the open bite; is it the tongue, increased nasal resistance, a skeletal problem, all of the above?
- You will be shown a novel use of attachments as bite blocks to aid in closing an anterior open bite and more biomechanics.
- Strategies to deal with the iatrogenic posterior open bite that may appear.
Speakers for this event
Dr Morris Rapaport
Dr Morris Rapaport
Morris Rapaport first graduated in 1976 and then obtained a MDSc in Orthodontics from the University of Sydney in 1980. He is in specialist orthodontic practice, is a part time lecturer at The University of Sydney and is an Invisalign Platinum Provider. He has been involved in undergraduate and postgraduate teaching for decades and has lectured nationally and internationally.
Morris has had a long interest in functional appliances and in the early 1990’s developed a course in the clinical use and theoretical underpinning of functional appliances, which he delivers annually to the Sydney University postgraduate students. After receiving an award for “outstanding presentation and treatment” of a case he began treating in 1991 with the then new Clark Twin Blocks, he published a paper in the Australian Orthodontic Journal (March 1998) demonstrating the application of the Bass Aesthetic Analysis in functional appliance diagnosis.
Morris is well known for his ability to simplify complex issues and presents them using liberal doses of humour to make lectures not only highly accessible, but enjoyable and memorable.
All Day (Friday) AEST(GMT+11:00) View in my time
Totaling over 42 hours of CPD pointS will be awarded
The fee for the course is $5280 (incl GST).