202021mar8:30 am5:30 pmManagement of deep caries and exposed pulpTheoretical and clinical aspects8:30 am - 5:30 pm AEDT(GMT+11:00) View in my timeSydney Dental Hospital Event Organized By: University Of Sydney Discipline:General RestorativeFormat:Hands-on
Course overview Our understanding of deep caries has been extensively expanded over the last several years. Material advancements and a series of basic and clinical research increased our breadth of knowledge
Our understanding of deep caries has been extensively expanded over the last several years. Material advancements and a series of basic and clinical research increased our breadth of knowledge on pulp tissue response to microbial challenge on one hand and medicaments and materials on the other. This are the times of changing paradigms in the concept of caries removal and treatment options for deep caries and exposed pulp with the ultimate goal of long-term maintenance of pulp vitality. This course presents the most recent evidence-based practices related to the management of deep carious and exposed pulp. Research findings will be digested for general dentists as a basis for understanding new clinical approaches for long-lasting restorations and maintained pulp vitality.
- Pulpal diagnostics – contemporary tools and future perspectives
- Minimally invasive concept in the context of deep caries removal – where is the end line?
- Pulp tissue response to capping materials – is material selection more important than pulp exposure?
- Current consensus on treatment options of deep caries and exposed pulp – from no caries removal to complete caries removal involving pulp exposure
- Clinical efficiency of current treatment options – evidence from controlled clinical trials
- Step-by-step protocol for indirect and direct pulp capping and pulpotomy procedures – material selection and clinical application
Upon successful completion of this course, the dentist should be able to:
- Critically appraise clinical tools for pulpal diagnosis and new emerging concepts
- Analyze clinical challenges in determination the limit of caries removal
- Describe the main characteristics of pulp capping materials and pulp tissue response to trans-dentinal and direct stimulation
- Select and describe relevant theoretical and practical aspects of treatment options in various indications
- Explain advantages and limitations of clinical research on long-term success of pulp capping protocols
- Explain and perform on patient simulators complete pulp capping and pulpotomy procedures from selection and placement of medicaments to esthetic restorative materials for direct restorations
Speakers for this event
DDS, MSc, PGCertMedEd, PhD
DDS, MSc, PGCertMedEd, PhD
(Saturday) 8:30 am - 5:30 pm AEDT(GMT+10:00) View in my time
Course fees: $740 (incl. GST) – Earlybird for dentists (pay by 18 January 2020) and University of Sydney alumni, $870 (incl. GST) – Standard for dentists , $695 (inc. GST) -University of Sydney/NSW Health staff