202023feb8:15 am5:00 pmFULLY BOOKED | Ultimate Aesthetics in Class IV and Composite Veneer SituationsFacilitated by Dr Clarence Tam8:15 am - 5:00 pm AWST(GMT+11:00) View in my timeUWA Dental School Event Organized By: Australian Dental Association Western Australia Discipline:General Restorative
Course Outline: The modern management and conservative treatment of dental traumatic injuries is a skill underpinned by the clinician’s knowledge and skill at placing well-sealed, biomimetic, invisible resin restorations. The concept
The modern management and conservative treatment of dental traumatic injuries is a skill underpinned by the clinician’s knowledge and skill at placing well-sealed, biomimetic, invisible resin restorations. The concept of responsible aesthetics is echoed in this course through a review of preparation design through to occlusal control for long-lasting performance. This course will progress from restoration of a Class IV using a stratified approach through to the placement of composite veneers with maverick effects, in the afternoon. There will be an opportunity for delegates to learn how to mask a dark tooth during the course of placing a composite veneer.
▪ Occlusion ▪ Occlusal Design ▪ Posterior Layering Fundamentals
▪ Guided and freehand lingual shelf reconstruction of complex direct restorations ▪ Aesthetics ▪ Anatomy ▪ Staining techniques ▪ Shading techniques ▪ Finishing and Polishing techniques ▪ Advanced anatomy and maverick effects
- How to assess and where to prepare to maximise adhesive longevity and aesthetic outcome in both Class IV and composite veneer cases.
- Understand the concept behind creating custom shade tabs and the shade button technique.
- Learn two methods to block out and neutralise a dark tooth in composite veneer situations.
- Learn both putty-matrix guided and Lylar-freehand techniques in building aesthetic restorations.
- Work with the various shade recipes to predictably reflect persons of varying ages.
- Discover how and where to incorporate tinting to create maverick effects in the final direct restoration.
- Review contouring protocols to achieve primary, secondary and tertiary anatomy before finishing and polishing to perfection.
Change how you see and execute each anterior case, sharpen your senses, and infuse your personality and emotion into each case
Speakers for this event
Dr Clarence Tam
Dr Clarence Tam
HBSc, DDS, AAACD, FIADFE
Dr Clarence Tam is originally from Toronto, Canada, where she completed her Doctor of Dental Surgery and General Practice Residency at the University of Western Ontario and the University of Toronto, respectively. Clarence's practice is limited to cosmetic and restorative dentistry. She is well-published to both the local and international dental press, writing articles, reviewing and developing prototype products and techniques in clinical dentistry. She frequently and continually lectures internationally. Clarence is the Chairperson and Director of the New Zealand Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. She is currently one of only two individuals in Australasia to hold Board-Certified Accredited Member Status with the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. Clarence is a Key Opinion Leader for multinational dental companies Kuraray Noritake, J Morita Corp, Hu-Friedy, Henry Schein, Ivoclar Vivadent, DentsplySirona, Kerr, GC Australasia, SDI, Coltene
HBSc, DDS, AAACD, FIADFE
Australian Dental Association Western AustraliaIn Western Australia, ADAWA is regarded as the recognised voice of dentistry. With around 92% of registered dentists and dental specialists across the private and public sectors as members, the Association provides a most effective representative body. ADAWA strives to promote the art and science of dentistry, to represent the profession and to provide services which promote the highest level of oral health in the community.[email protected] ADA House, 54-58 Havelock Street, West Perth, WA 6005
(Sunday) 8:15 am - 5:00 pm AWST(GMT+10:00) View in my time
$1507 – $2260.50