202123oct9:00 am5:00 pmExceptional Anterior Composites9:00 am - 5:00 pm(GMT+10:00) View in my timeADAQ CPD & Training Centre Event Organized By: ADA Queensland Discipline:Aesthetic Dentistry,General RestorativeFormat:Hands-on,In-Person
This hands-on course is designed for Dentists. COURSE OVERVIEW Planning and executing anterior composite resins can be challenging even in the most
This hands-on course is designed for Dentists.
Planning and executing anterior composite resins can be challenging even in the most experienced dentists’ hands. There are many variables which must be considered during the treatment planning process from the large-scale features such as facial analysis, through to the small-scale features such as the incisal edge position and embrasures. In this course Dr Docherty will outline the essential keys for planning smile design with anterior composite resin followed by an in depth look at layering techniques and tips on shade selection, using a putty key palatal stent, and a huge amount of time will be spent completing hands-on composite exercises such as a single shade bleach veneer and a layered multiple shade anterior restoration.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understanding tooth form, and how to achieve primary, secondary and tertiary anatomy
- The basics of shade selection and how to select the composite resin which will work best in your hands
- Step by step introduction to the polychromatic layering technique
- The use of a direct mock-up and wax-up for anterior restorations
- How to fabricate silicone putty keys for precise determination of incisal edges, palatal contours, embrasures and for assisting with tooth preparation
- How to create incisal effects and characterisation such as halos, mamelons, and opalescence
- Finishing and polishing techniques for a achieving a lasting natural appearance
ADA QueenslandThe Australian Dental Association (Queensland Branch) (ADAQ) is the professional association for Dentists in Queensland. We represent more than 4000 members across the State. Our advocacy and services aim to promote excellence in the profession through a range of services, including: the provision of Professional Indemnity (PI) Insurance, support and advice regarding PI claims, CPD events, dental assistant training, and dental practice advisory advice. 22-28 Hamilton Place Bowen Hills Qld 4006
(Saturday) 9:00 am - 5:00 pm(GMT+10:00) View in my time
7 Scientific hours
ADA Member Dentist – $770 ADA Member 1st and 2nd Year Graduate – $660 Non-Member Dentist – $1000