202231aug9:00 am4:30 pmEnhanced Endodontics9:00 am - 4:30 pm(GMT+10:00) View in my timeADA Centre for Professional Development Event Organized By: ADA NSW Centre for Professional Development Discipline:EndodonticsFormat:Hands-on,In-Person
Contemporary endodontics has seen unprecedented advances in diagnostic imaging, instruments, and materials. These advancements have led to evidence-validated improvements in endodontic treatment outcomes. This
Contemporary endodontics has seen unprecedented advances in diagnostic imaging, instruments, and materials. These advancements have led to evidence-validated improvements in endodontic treatment outcomes.
This course will show participants how to effectively integrate important technologic advancements into daily practice to improve endodontic treatment outcomes. Advances in endodontic imaging, instrumentation, root canal disinfection, root filling, and materials will be discussed.
Clinical techniques will be demonstrated via microscope assisted clinical video. This course includes an extensive hands-on component for the participants.
Operating microscopes will be available for all hands-on exercises.
- Predictable techniques for obtaining high quality 2D endodontic radiographs utilising the most clinically-relevant film/sensor holders for all situations.
- The role of high-resolution CBCT (3D) imaging in endodontic diagnosis and treatment planning: A new standard of care.
- Modern paradigms in endodontic access and directed dentine conservation.
- Advanced NiTi file systems: how to best use controlled memory (CM) NiTi rotary files for superior clinical results (hands-on).
- Strategies to enhance endodontic irrigation to achieve more thorough disinfection of complex root canal anatomy (hands-on).
- How to consistently produce high quality root fillings using thermoplastic obturation techniques (hands-on)
- Calcium silicate based materials (MTA and bioceramics) in endodontic obturation, perforation repair and vital pulp therapy.
- Know how to successfully image any part of the dentition.
- Apply CBCT (3D) imaging to facilitate endodontic diagnosis and treatment
- Understand the principles of dentine conservation in modern endodontics and how this can enhance long-term tooth survival.
- Understand the advantages, principles, and practical aspects of controlled memory (CM) NiTi file systems.
- Apply strategies and techniques to enhance endodontic irrigation and obturation.
- Understand the applications of MTA and bioceramics in modern endodontics.
Speakers for this event
Dr Geoff Young
Dr Geoff Young
Dr Geoff Young obtained his BDS (University Medal) from the University of Sydney in 2002, and his Specialist degree from the University of Melbourne in 2007. He went on to establish Sydney Endodontic Centre – the largest specialist endodontic group practice in the Inner West of Sydney. Dr Young was the first endodontist in NSW awarded Fellowship of the RACDS in the Special Field of Endodontics, and is a current examiner for the FRACDS (GDP) final examination. Dr Young is committed to clinical teaching at the University of Sydney, as well as developing and providing continuing education through the ADA and RACDS. He is Past President of the Australian Society of Endodontology (NSW), as well as a member of the Australian & New Zealand Academy of Endodontics, the International Association of Dental Traumatology, and the American Association of Endodontists.
Dr. Harry Mohan
Dr. Harry Mohan
Dr. Harry Mohan completed his Bachelor of Dental Science at the University of Melbourne in 2008, before commencing work as a Dental Officer in the Royal Australian Air Force. Harry was posted to RAAF bases in South Australia and NSW for four years, and then transitioned to private dental practice in the Blue Mountains and NSW Central Coast. He completed his Doctor of Clinical Dentistry in Endodontics at the University of Melbourne and has special interests in dental trauma and the management of patients with dental fear and anxiety.
Harry has published articles in peer-reviewed International and Australian scientific journals in the areas of endodontics and dental fear and anxiety. He regularly attends scientific meetings and has been involved with lecturing and clinical teaching at the University of Melbourne.
ADA NSW Centre for Professional DevelopmentOur advocacy for members ensures we stay united as a profession, securing the profile, funding, support and recognition to allow us to continue advancing dentistry. As a not-for-profit organisation led by dentists for dentists, our remit is to deliver value to members and we do this in six key ways: Advocacy The strongest professions are those that are well represented Continuing Professional Development Providing comprehensive and respected CPD in world class facilities Networking and Connections Mentorship, events, local divisions and study groups Professional and Peer Advice On dento-legal matters, compliance, practice management, HR, IR, pharma News and Filtering We deliver what dentists need to know, when they need to know it Lifestyle and Benefits It's not all business. We incorporate social events and lifestyle benefits[email protected] Level 1, 1 Atchison Street, St Leonards NSW 2065
(Wednesday) 9:00 am - 4:30 pm(GMT+10:00) View in my time
Non-Member Dentist – $1188.00,ADA Member Dentist -$990.00,Member of another ADA State -$990.00,Recent Grads 0$792.00