202112nov(nov 12)9:00 am13(nov 13)5:00 pmDisaster Victim Identification9:00 am - 5:00 pm (13)(GMT+10:00) View in my timeForensic & Scientific Services, QLD Event Organized By: ADA Queensland Discipline:ForensicFormat:Hands-on,In-Person
This course is open to registered Dentists, Oral Health Therapists, Dental Therapists, Hygienists and Dental Assistants. An intensive two-day program for Dentists including hands-on experience onsite at Forensic and Scientific
This course is open to registered Dentists, Oral Health Therapists, Dental Therapists, Hygienists and Dental Assistants. An intensive two-day program for Dentists including hands-on experience onsite at Forensic and Scientific Services and a one-day program for their Dental staff.
This event is presented in conjunction with Forensic and Scientific Services and will cover a range of topics including;
- Introduction to Course and Forensic Dental Identification,
- Police – DVI Command and Organisation,
- Mental Health in DVI,
- Forensic Pathology,
- DNA in DVI,
- Scene Brief, Post Mortem Brief: charting conventions, photography protocol,
- Tour of the mortuary and WH&S, and observation of post-mortem dental examination,
- Dental age estimation using OPGs (Dentists only),Ante Mortem brief, chart transcription and reconciliation (Dentists only)
NB: Participants will tour the mortuary and view post-mortem dental examination.
ADAQ extends thanks to Forensic and Scientific Services for their assistance with this course, and in particular Mr John Doherty, Executive Director Forensic and Scientific Services.
Upon completion of this course, participants will:
- Provision of detailed background in Disaster Victim Identification (DVI),
- For Dentists, in-depth training permitting the attendee to be an effective member of a DVI team,
- For Staff, acquire the capacity to be an effective member of a Forensic Odontology Identification Team,
- Receive comprehensive manual and digital resources.
ADA QueenslandThe Australian Dental Association (Queensland Branch) (ADAQ) is the professional association for Dentists in Queensland. We represent more than 4000 members across the State. Our advocacy and services aim to promote excellence in the profession through a range of services, including: the provision of Professional Indemnity (PI) Insurance, support and advice regarding PI claims, CPD events, dental assistant training, and dental practice advisory advice. 22-28 Hamilton Place Bowen Hills Qld 4006
12 (Friday) 9:00 am - 13 (Saturday) 5:00 pm(GMT+10:00) View in my time
Forensic & Scientific Services, QLD
Dentists – 14 Scientific Hours Dental Staff – 5.5 Scientific Hours
ADA Member – $1100 ADAQ Member Dental Team* – $350 Non-Member – $1430 *Dental Team include Oral Health Therapists, Dental Therapists, Hygienists and Dental Assistants