This is a repeating eventnovember 25, 2020 1:30 pm
Gain or refresh your skills and knowledge in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), with an emphasis on emergencies occurring in the dental environment. Learn the current guidelines from the Australian Resuscitation Council
Gain or refresh your skills and knowledge in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), with an emphasis on emergencies occurring in the dental environment.
Learn the current guidelines from the Australian Resuscitation Council and the 2015 International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation (ILCoR) guidelines specific to dentistry.
Review the process to assess a sick or collapsed person receiving dental care, including:
- Management of an unconscious person
- Recognition and management of anaphylaxis and adrenaline auto-injector practical skills
- Use of an automated external defibrillator
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation skills.
COVIDSafe practice for hands-on CPR component
- There will be sufficient manikins to have one manikin for two participants
- Each participant will have a new face on the manikin
- Participants will be asked to remove the used face, and the instructor (wearing gloves) will place a new face on the manikin
- Each participant will use a separate resuscitation mask and valve, and there will be a manikin face shield added for increased participant protection – exhaled air from the manikins exit through a side port and not back through the manikin’s mouth
- All equipment is cleaned before and after use
- Two-person CPR with rescue breaths will not be performed to maintain safe hygiene procedures. Rescue breaths will be performed singularly.
Speakers for this event
Mr Ian Cash
Mr Ian Cash
Mr Ian Cash graduated as a registered nurse (Division 1) in 1977 - College of Nursing Australia. (Second graduating group of college trained nurses in Australia). He completed post basic nursing certificates in: Intensive Care / Coronary Care (Western General Hospital, Footscray), Midwifery nursing (Mercy Maternity Hospital, East Melbourne), Emergency nursing (Oxford School of Nursing - UK), Bachelor of Education Studies, Monash University (1988), Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training (2001). Ian is Director and founder of the Australasian SOS Oxygen and First Responder Training P/L and Treasurer of the Australian Resuscitation Council, Victoria Branch. Ian works two days a week as an Associate Nurse Unit Manager, Critical Care at Knox Private Hospital. During 2018, Ian will be providing lectures and practical sessions in Resuscitation and Medical Emergencies in Dental Practice to the DDSc students, BoH and University post grads. Ian has also worked with the RDHM, providing CPR certification for staff, since 1999.
(Wednesday) 1:30 pm - 5:00 pm AEST(GMT+10:00) View in my time
$88 ADA Member, $120 non-ADA member