202019nov(nov 19)8:30 am20(nov 20)5:00 pmClear Aligner Therapy8:30 am - 5:00 pm (20) AEST(GMT+11:00) View in my timePARKROYAL Darling Harbour Event Organized By: The OrthoED Institute Discipline:Business,Communication,OrthodonticsFormat:In-Person
You’ll learn: History of aligner therapy General concept of biomechanics revisited and how does it apply to aligners Difference in biomechanics for aligners compared with braces The
- History of aligner therapy
- General concept of biomechanics revisited and how does it apply to aligners
- Difference in biomechanics for aligners compared with braces
- The different type of attachments and their uses
- Aligner setups for crowding cases
- Aligner setups for spacing cases
- Aligner setups for deep bites and open bites
- Aligner setups for Class 2 and Class 3 malocclusions
- Management of Extraction Cases
- Realistic outcomes with aligner movements
- Braces vs Aligners- which cases are better treated with aligners
- The aligner Hybrid system
- Fundamental principles of aligner setups, including staging of treatment and Assessment of an aligner setup
- Clinical and Administrative Treatment flow with aligner therapy
- Troubleshooting with aligners – Tips, tricks and techniques including overcorrection and overtreatment
- Accelerated orthodontic techniques –Do They help?
- A Biased and Unbiased Evaluation of different aligner systems
- Final summary of principles with aligner Therapy
- The business side of aligners-How to integrate aligner treatment into practice efficiently and profitably
- TX planning session
- You will understand the different aligner products in the marketplace and their advantages and disadvantages.
- You will be able to identify realistic goals of aligner therapy, the eligible patients and keys to success with this type of therapy as it applies to various orthodontic problems including, crowding, spacing, deep bite, open bite, Class 2, Class 3 and extraction cases.
- You will feel more confident in attempting more challenging cases with aligner therapy.
- You’ll gain a full understanding of aligner therapy, including its biomechanics, the use of different attachments, tips and tricks, and how to perform aligner treatment with high quality outcomes predictably and profitably in your practice.
Enrol in the Clear Aligner Therapy 2 day in person course and you’ll also have access to our Complete Aligner Planning Service (CAPS)
Complete Aligner Planning Support (CAPS) is a brand new initiative from the world-leading Orthodontic training institute, OrthoED. CAPS provides you, the dentist, with an unrivalled support system to plan, track and finish more aligner cases with complete confidence, predictable tooth movement and excellent clinical results while reducing the number of patient visits.
This will also allow you to start more challenging cases and still deliver excellent clinical outcomes.
CAPS has partnered with the international Clear TPS team and through this elite group of 20 + years of experience with aligners ,they have planned over 150,000 aligner cases!!
Our CAPS planning service provides the most comprehensive aligner therapy planning and support for dentists across Australia, including:
- Changes done for you
- Support for most Aligner systems
- FREE Invisalign, SmileStyler, and Angelalign Planning Service**
- Changes made directly through the Doctor’s Aligner site
- 30+ Years Experience in Orthodontics
- Be with the team that has planned over 150,000 aligner cases and has a staggering 10% refinement rate.
- Reduced number of aligners and refinements required.
- Fewer hours spent in the clinic for the dentist and the patient.
- Less hours of time consuming digital work for the doctor which usually needs to be done after work.
- The ability to treat more challenging cases, which equates to more aligner cases in your practice and these cases being more successful with better clinical outcomes.
- More profit per case.
With the CAPS program, 90% of cases are reported as having successful clinical outcomes without a need for refinement after the initial set up, with the correct treatment plan put in place .CAPS cases have less than a 10 % case refinement rate — which is staggering by world aligner standards.
For Invisalign, SmileStyler, and Angelalign, CAPS treatment planning service may be complimentary**
** Conditions apply. Not available to Corporate groups. Must have a dedicated doctor site. Must agree to come under the umbrella of the OrthoED/CAPS aligner treatment planning service. Complimentary ClinCheck/digital treatment planning available for Invisalign full cases and Invisalign moderate cases, SmileStyler comprehensive and Angelalign comprehensive cases only**
Online | Face-to-face in 2021
Speakers for this event
Dr Geoffrey Hall
Dr Geoffrey Hall
Dr Geoffrey Hall completed his dental training at the University of Melbourne in 1983, and then pursued his postgraduate orthodontic training at the University of Pennsylvania in 1990. While he had mixed results with his undergraduate dental education, he found his passion in orthodontics, coming first in his class at the University of Pennsylvania.
That passion led him to open his successful practice at South Caulfield in Melbourne, where he specialised iin adult and children treatments including early treatment, conventional adolescent therapy, short-term orthodontics (Smilefast) and cosmetic treatment options including lingual braces, Invisalign and other aligner systems, and a strong emphasis on interdisciplinary treatment, including orthognathic surgical cases. . Over 28 years in practice and 10,000 orthodontic cases later, he has now dedicated himself to being the leading orthodontic educator for General Dentists, through The OrthoED Institute.
Having developed the short term cosmetic orthodontic treatment called Smilefast, (with over 500 dentists having completed their training in Australia) the success is based around the unique digital indirect bonding system, the comprehensive theory, formulated from sound orthodontic principles and pre-course material. Add in the online support and Smilefast has developed into a profitable revenue stream for many of the dentists, who have embraced orthodontics into their practice.
Dr Hall developed the OrthoEd Institute programme to give General
Dr Martin KK Poon
Dr Martin KK Poon
Orthodontist, BDSc (Melb), Cert Orth MS
Born in Hong Kong and raised in Melbourne, Martin completed his Bachelor of Dental Science at the University of Melbourne in 2002 and a Masters in Orthodontics and Oral Biology at the University of Pennsylvania in 2008.
Martin is approachable and friendly. We love that he brings a ‘human’ face to orthodontic treatment, making it an enjoyable experience for each person, regardless of age or their case complexity.
While completing his studies, he connected with Dr Geoff Hall at the Invisalign Centre. In addition to his Diamond Provider status he maintains with the Invisalign system, Martin is also an accomplished clinician in all other aspects of orthodontic treatment. His particular interest is in working on interdisciplinary cases with other dentists and specialists to realise the best outcomes for patients.
Orthodontist, BDSc (Melb), Cert Orth MS
19 (Thursday) 8:30 am - 20 (Friday) 5:00 pm AEST(GMT+11:00) View in my time
Aligner Therapy (Module 4) $2,800.00 Price inc GST: $3,080.00