202023may8:15 am5:00 pmCancelledAnterior Composites – Doable, Predictable and RepeatableFacilitated by Dr Vishal GuptaCOVID-198:15 am - 5:00 pm AEST(GMT+10:00) View in my timeUWA Dental School Event Organized By: Australian Dental Association Western Australia Discipline:Aesthetic DentistryFormat:Hands-on
Course Outline: There are many steps involved in the creation of a functional and aesthetic anterior composite restoration. This lecture and hands on course breaks down a number of the steps
There are many steps involved in the creation of a functional and aesthetic anterior composite restoration. This lecture and hands on course breaks down a number of the steps fundamental to obtaining excellent clinical outcomes with anterior composites.
- Aesthetic concepts: understanding optical aspects of natural teeth.
- Understanding colour: Concepts of Hue, Chroma, Value, Opalescence, incisal halo, intensives, characterizations.
- Shade selection, guidelines for perfect colour matching, how to make personalised shade guide and Button try technique.
- Layering: use of single / dual shades , two vs multiple layers , anatomical layering technique.
- Hiding the grey margins.
- Intraoperatory corrections, concepts of re-bonding to old composites.
- Steps to simple yet predictable finishing and polishing with secondary and tertiary textures.
- Layering technique and optimisation of each layer for anterior class IV restoration.
- Putty index fabrication.
- Margin and prep design.
- Mimicking opalescence, incisal halo, intensives and characterisations.
- Textures, finishing and polishing.
Speakers for this event
Dr Vishal Gupta
Dr Vishal Gupta
Dr Vishal Gupta is an aesthetic dentist with an interest in composites. He is a certified level 1 Style Italiano trainer on Direct Restorative Procedure and has earned a silver and green badge from Restorative Implant Practice Excellence, RIPE, for continuous clinical excellence. He is a Key Opinion leader for 3M, Garrison matrix systems, Lm Arte instruments and has various clinical publications to his credit. He maintains a successful clinical practice in India. Course fee includes a take home Style Italiano LM-ARTE composite kit valued at $500.00
Australian Dental Association Western AustraliaIn Western Australia, ADAWA is regarded as the recognised voice of dentistry. With around 92% of registered dentists and dental specialists across the private and public sectors as members, the Association provides a most effective representative body. ADAWA strives to promote the art and science of dentistry, to represent the profession and to provide services which promote the highest level of oral health in the community.[email protected] ADA House, 54-58 Havelock Street, West Perth, WA 6005
(Saturday) 8:15 am - 5:00 pm AEST(GMT+10:00) View in my time
$1485 – $2227.50