202101jan8:00 am6:00 pmAesthetic and Restorative DentistryPG Dip Clin Dent (ARD)8:00 am - 6:00 pm AEST(GMT+11:00) View in my time Event Organized By: The Australiasian College of Dental Practitioners Discipline:Aesthetic Dentistry,General RestorativeFormat:Continuum,Online
Aesthetic and Restorative Dentistry General Information The diploma is available to general dental practitioners, providing a formal approach to case selection and treatment planning. It is designed to develop knowledge and skills
Aesthetic and Restorative Dentistry
The diploma is available to general dental practitioners, providing a formal approach to case selection and treatment planning. It is designed to develop knowledge and skills of clinical procedures for which there is biological and clinical research and outcome studies to support their use.
Courses are associated with formal assessment procedures. A minimal pass standard is required for each component of the program.
- Mentor feedback on treated cases
- Case presentations during the block program
- 10 day residency
- Written examinations
- The Graduate Diploma prioritises sound understanding and execution of diagnosis and treatment planning and requires 4 completed cases.
Candidates are encouraged to read widely from current scientific literature. The assignments follow a similar style of writing and required critical appraisal of the literature.
- Failure of the candidate to complete all requirements may incur penalties.
- During the course, a candidate who does not complete the requirements may have to enrol in further semesters of tuition, and as a result, would be required to pay further fees. A candidate may defer before the completion of a coursework block, but work done during the deferred period will not contribute to coursework requirements.
The following competencies are expected to be learnt at the completion of the diploma
- Clinical management of cosmetic dentistry
- Management and leadership skills
- Communication delivery to patients and team-members
- Professionalism and ethics
Particular emphasis should be placed on:
- Diagnosis and treatment planning,
- Evidence-based practice
- Research methodology so that graduates will be able to critically evaluate the scientific literature
- Record taking
- Shade selection
- Adhesive Dentistry
- Isolation and Haemostatis
- Periodontal Principles in Aesthetic Dentistry
- Indirect Restorations
- Direct Aesthetics Restorations – Anterior
- Direct Aestheic Resotrations – Posterior
- Tooth Wear
- Aligner Orthodontics
- Teeth Whitening
- Aestheic Tooth Replacement
- Occlusion and use of Stabilisation Splints
The Australiasian College of Dental PractitionersThe mission of the Australasian College of Dental Practitioners is to deliver the latest advances in aesthetic, implant and restorative dentistry. Our goal is to improve the level of patient care through comprehensive structured learning programs. We provide dentists with evidence-based education in a collaborative learning environment, with ongoing mentoring and support to create world-class clinicians of the highest standards and integrity. We do this by continually striving to be at the forefront of science and excellence in teaching, utilising technology to aid in educational skill transference and providing comprehensive teaching resources for our members[email protected]
(Friday) 8:00 am - 6:00 pm AEST(GMT+11:00) View in my time
Tuition Fee $19,900 + GST , Fees: $1,500 upon enrolment, 50% remainder required in January and remaining 50% due July 2021. Specialist finance available through Credabl.