202123jul(jul 23)9:00 am24(jul 24)4:30 pmA Restorative Mini-ResidencyPRESENTED BY Dr Jason Smithson 9:00 am - 4:30 pm (24)(GMT+10:00) View in my timeCentre for Professional Development 1 Event Organized By: ADA NSW Centre for Professional Development Discipline:Aesthetic Dentistry,General Restorative,ProsthodonticsFormat:Hands-on,In-Person,Online
A Restorative Mini-Residency Friday 23 July – Saturday 24 July – VIRTUAL PRESENTER9:00am – 4:30pm – 13.0 CPD Hours Dr
A Restorative Mini-Residency
Friday 23 July – Saturday 24 July – VIRTUAL PRESENTER
9:00am – 4:30pm – 13.0 CPD Hours
Dr Jason Smithson will join us via video link at the ADA NSW Centre for Professional Development for this virtual presentation from his dental studio in the United Kingdom. Although virtual, the sessions will be fully interactive. You’ll still have the opportunity to directly discuss the topic with Dr Smithson, watch demonstrations live, and receive immediate feedback on the hands-on simulation exercises you’ll carry out
What do we do when a direct restoration would seem wildly optimistic, yet a crown overly destructive?
ADA NSW Centre for Professional Development is proud to again offer this unique two-day course with Dr Jason Smithson, a leading light in the field of direct composite resin artistry and minimally invasive all-ceramic restorations, to Australian dentists in 2021!
This year’s course will see Dr Smithson present virtually from the UK, providing all participants with his extensive wealth of knowledge and expertise via video-link.
In recent years it has become well accepted that direct composite resin restorations are predictable in small to medium sized cavities; similarly, the durability of full coverage crowns is well known. However, the grey area is when a cavity falls somewhere between the two: what do we do when a direct restoration would seem wildly optimistic, yet a crown overly destructive?
These and many other similar questions go through the mind of the busy general practitioner many times every day. This comprehensive, evidence-based workshop offers clear, easily understandable protocols to simplify the decision-making process and compliments this with end-to-end workflows to rapidly restore posterior teeth with direct composite resin in more simple cavities and ceramic onlays for more broken-down teeth. Likewise, protocols for both direct resin and full coverage crowns are explored in the anterior dentition. This class is 75% Hands-On.
This is a unique CPD education experience with Dr Smithson presenting via video-link and is not to be missed! Register now as places are limited!
- How to place a Class 1 direct composite resin with amazing life-like occlusal morphology enhanced with tints.
- How to restore a large MID fracture on an anterior tooth with direct-resin, yet achieve aesthetics to rival porcelain.
- How to create believable incisal edge effects such as opacities, incisal edge halos and crack lines.
- How to rapidly polish to recreate natural enamel surfaces
- How to prepare ultra-conservative ceramic onlays in teeth, which are too heavily broken down for direct resin whilst avoiding full veneer crown preparations: step-by-step protocols for simple, rapid preparation from compromised tooth to ideal prep within 10 minutes.
- How to deal with margins, which are deep within the gingival sulcus: GME (Gingival Margin Elevation) for hard tissue conservation, simplified impression taking and easy cementation.
- How to optimize bond strengths in conservative non-retentive onlay preparations with IDS (Immediate Dentine Sealing).
- How to simply and predictably prepare an upper central incisor for a full veneer crown and produce a beautiful, predictable all-ceramic restoration.
- Understand the ceramic onlay and full veneer crown
- To be able to prepare a central incisor for a full veneer crown
- Prepare an upper first molar for an MOD Ceramic Onlay with IDS, GME and fabrication of a provisional restoration.
- To understand Class 1 and Class 4 restorations
- Successfully place a Class 1 direct restoration with dentin and enamel shades and fissure tints
- To be able to restore an upper incisor tooth Class 4 with direct resin, create life-like incisal edge effects and finish with a rapid efficient polishing protocol
Speakers for this event
Dr Jason Smithson
Dr Jason Smithson
BDS DipRestDent RCS(Eng)
Dr Jason Smithson Qualified at the Royal London Hospital in 1995; achieving a number of awards including The Constance Klein Memorial, The Stafford Millar, and The Malcolm Jenkins Scholarships, The American Association of Endodontics Prize and the Overall Award for Clinical Dentistry.
After spending 3 years in oral surgery residency in London and a further year practicing restorative dentistry in London’s Harley Street Medical District, he relocated to Cornwall in the extreme southwest of England. Jason practices at Revitalise, Cornwall, UK where his main focus is microscope enhanced adhesive dentistry.
His specific interest is direct composite resin artistry and minimally invasive all ceramic restorations and he has presented to dentists locally, nationally and internationally (USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South East Asia and Europe) on this topic.
He has given hands on programs in the UK, Europe, Asia, and North America on behalf of GC, Ivoclar, Kerr, Kulzer, Optident, Micerium, Carl Zeiss, Zumax, Global, Velopex and Triodent. He is a European “Key Opinion Leader” for Kulzer and is a member of the European Prosthodontic Advisory Board for GC Europe. Jason is Resident Faculty at The Centre for Esthetic Excellence, Chicago, USA. He is an Accredited International Trainer for Carl Zeiss Dental Academy. Jason is the only European Resident Faculty at Spear Education AZ USA, where he is an instructor in The Composite Program.
Jason has achieved Diplomat Status in Restorative Dentistry from the Royal College of Surgeons (England).
He is on the Editorial Board of The Russian Journal of Esthetic Dentistry and has published numerous peer-reviewed articles on adhesive and aesthetic dentistry in both the UK and abroad. He is joint author of “Vertical Margin Finish Lines In Fixed Prosthodontics”
BDS DipRestDent RCS(Eng)
ADA NSW Centre for Professional DevelopmentOur advocacy for members ensures we stay united as a profession, securing the profile, funding, support and recognition to allow us to continue advancing dentistry. As a not-for-profit organisation led by dentists for dentists, our remit is to deliver value to members and we do this in six key ways: Advocacy The strongest professions are those that are well represented Continuing Professional Development Providing comprehensive and respected CPD in world class facilities Networking and Connections Mentorship, events, local divisions and study groups Professional and Peer Advice On dento-legal matters, compliance, practice management, HR, IR, pharma News and Filtering We deliver what dentists need to know, when they need to know it Lifestyle and Benefits It's not all business. We incorporate social events and lifestyle benefits[email protected] Level 1, 1 Atchison Street, St Leonards NSW 2065
23 (Friday) 9:00 am - 24 (Saturday) 4:30 pm(GMT+10:00) View in my time
CPD Hours: 13.0
ADA Member Dentist -$1,980.00, Non-Member Dentist $2,880.00 and Recent Grads – $1,782.00