4-Day Orofacial Myofunctional Therapy Introductory Course 2021 Brisbane - [Online + In-Person]
202225feb(feb 25)8:00 am27(feb 27)5:00 pm4-Day Orofacial Myofunctional Therapy Introductory Course 2021 Brisbane - [Online + In-Person]8:00 am - 5:00 pm (27)(GMT+10:00) View in my time Event Organized ByAustralian Academy of Orofacial MyologyDisciplineOrofacial Myofunctional TherapyFormatConference,In-Person,Online
Course Overview This introductory course is essential learning for people who work, or would like to work, with children, adolescents and adults in the field of Orofacial Myofunctional Therapy. This course provides
This introductory course is essential learning for people who work, or would like to work, with children, adolescents and adults in the field of Orofacial Myofunctional Therapy.
This course provides a comprehensive grounding in the core principles and skills of Orofacial Myology.
The first segement of this course will be pre-recorded and made available online in advance of the in-person segments to be held over 3 days from Friday 25th to Sunday 27th February, 2022.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to identify myofunctional disorders and airways issues, diagnose tongue ties, treat thumbsucking, improve orthodontic outcomes and treat pain and range of motion issues with TMD patients.
Continuing and ongoing professional support is available to participants after completion of every Academy course.
- Day 1 (On-Line)
- Introduction, definitions, scope of practice
- Influences on Orofacial Development
- Cause and Effect of an Incorrect Swallow Pattern
- Frenums (labial and lingual), definitions, current research, treatments, protocols & assessments
- Day 2 (In-Person)
- Airways – Interdisciplinary Approach
- Frenums – Assessment Criteria
- Frenums – Workshop
- Intra and extra oral examination
- Demonstration – Spots and Lip Meters
- Anatomy – Face Painting
- Day 3 (In-Person)
- Photography and Records (assessment and measurement forms)
- Photography, measurements and Intra / Extra oral examination workshop
- The Sucking Correction Program / Assessment / Treatment – (thumb sucking)
- Lesson Plans /Lip Seal / Tongue Position / Posture / Nasal breathing lessons – (lesson plans – 1 to 4)
- The Adult Patient / Therapy Techniques / Facial Tone / TMD
- Information to Assist in the Growth & Development of Babies in Their First Two Years of Life
- Day 4 (In-Person)
- Orthodontic Considerations
- Case Studies – Workshop
- Improving Tongue Tone and Function / Establishing the Correct Swallow (Workshop, Lesson Plans 5 – 8 / Maintenance)
- How to Design a Program
- Additional Exercises
- Additional Case Study
- Q & A
Speakers for this event
Carla Lejarraga is a world leading expert in thumb and finger sucking habits of children and passionate about healthy faces and smiles from an early age.
Orofacial Myologist, OM Health
Rochelle is passionate about providing her clients with the best possible health tools to assist them in their journey to total wellness. She offers a unique approach to Orofacial Myofunctional Therapy, assisting patients to reach their treatment goals and is committed to advancing Orofacial Myofunctional Therapy in Australia through best practice and continuing education.
Rochelle is a highly sought after national and international speaker in the field of Orofacial Myology and the effects on growth and development, TMD and airways issues.
She believes in a holistic approach. No one body part works in isolation from the other. The muscles of the face, tongue and lips all play important roles in the growth, development and function of the body and are often overlooked. Her special interests include Orofacial Myofunctional Disorders, TMD and Sleep Disordered Breathing and Airways.
Rochelle incorporates a team approach with other health professionals to assist in a greater level of health and wellbeing.
She runs her Sydney-based Orofacial Myology Practice, OM Health, and is the past President and founding member of the Australian Association of Orofacial Myology.
In 1994, Rochelle graduated as a Dental Hygienist. She lectured at the University of Queensland to the Bachelor of Oral Health students between the years of 1998 to 2001. In 2010, Rochelle furthered her post graduate training as an Orofacial Myologist. She went onto further her studies in Orofacial Myology at NEO Health in Orlando, USA in 2011.
Orofacial Myologist, OM Health
25 (Friday) 8:00 am - 27 (Sunday) 5:00 pm(GMT+10:00) View in my time
28 Contact Hours
$2650 inc GST